Not a salad person? This Grilled Peach Quinoa Salad might convert you.
Are you drooling? Because I am.
I promised you that I would share Tristan’s peach recipe and here it is. It’s delightful, bursting with flavour, and can we say beautiful?
Tristan of Honest to Goodness Health reached out to me for a collaboration between two fellow nutritionists, and of course I said yes! Tristan is a holistic health coach and plant-based nutritionist who helps people transform their health. Obviously Tristan is inspiring, but she also won me over with her stunning Instagram feed filled with colourful and nutritious foods. Check her out here!
We paired up to share two peach-related recipes – check out the previous post to see my Peach Cobbler Cups that you can make for dessert after you enjoy this delectable peach salad, recipe courtesy of Tristan! Peaches for everyone!
Before this post gets too wordy and you need to wipe the drool off your lap, here’s the recipe to make this for yourself!
Grilled Peach Quinoa Salad with Creamy Chili-Lime Dressing
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1 small box of arugula, rinsed
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and chopped
- 1 bundle fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 1 C quinoa, (I used red)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Bragg's aminos (or soy sauce)
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
- 2 tsp grated ginger, (or powdered)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 T water (to thin out dressing)
- Prepare the quinoa according to directions on package. While quinoa simmers, heat 1 T olive oil in a pan and add the chopped yellow onion and minced garlic clove until translucent and fragrant.
- Once onion and garlic are translucent, add the cinnamon, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer quinoa to pan with spices and onion and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the tahini, maple syrup, aminos, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, ginger, chili powder and water, whisk to combine.
- Set dressing aside and grill peaches by heating grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat and place peaches face down for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't completely burn (take it from me)!
- Once peaches have been grilled, set aside and prepare the salad by combining the chopped romaine, arugula, watermelon radish, and cilantro to a large bowl. Coat the salad in the juice from two limes, 2 tsp lime zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate, add lettuce mixture and then quinoa on the side. Top with grilled peach and drizzle with chipotle-lime dressing!