If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen me talk about the fact that I’m eating more eggs these days. I’ve been making a conscious effort to get a decent amount of protein at breakfast time. High-protein and healthy breakfasts can lead to reduced snacking and even reduced sugar cravings throughout the day! If I start my morning off right, I definitely set myself up for a day of healthy eating.
But eggs can get pretty boring pretty fast – especially if you eat them frequently. In an effort to change things up a little bit, I decided to make myself a quick scrambled egg wrap. With whole-wheat wraps, sautéed kale and fresh tomato, I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
If you’re looking for a simple way to enjoy eggs, or an opportunity to switch up your standard breakfast, give this scrambled egg wrap a try! It’s a great nutritious and healthy breakfast option.
- 4 eggs
- 4 leaves of kale, chopped
- 1/2-to-1 whole tomato, sliced or diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 tsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 wraps
- goat cheese to top
- Set skillet to medium heat. Add eggs to hot skillet and stir to scramble. Once cooked thoroughly (and no longer runny), remove from element.
- While the eggs are cooking, add garlic and butter or coconut oil to a second skillet set at medium heat. Let it sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add kale to the garlic and butter. Stir frequently. Once heated thoroughly, remove from element.
- Top each wrap with eggs, kale, tomato and goat cheese. Roll them up and enjoy!
- For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free wraps like coconut wraps.
- For a vegan option, explore using a tofu scramble instead. Make sure that you are consuming organic tofu.