I am always looking for a great dairy-free, vegetarian recipes. This one is even vegan friendly! I needed a freezer-friendly recipe and I think I’ve come up with one. Fresh veggies, coconut milk, curry… If you know me, you’d know this my favourite flavour combo. Enter the Thai Quinoa Casserole. Even though it doesn’t go in the oven… Can you still call it a casserole? Cause I will.
The best part is you can sub in any veggies you want – I went with sweet potato, tomato, orange pepper green onion because they lend well to thai flavours. But you could also add spinach, carrots or even broccoli to add some variety.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 2-3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4-1/2 cup red lentils
- Add minced garlic and coconut oil to a large pot. Fry for a couple minutes.
- Add tomato, orange pepper, sweet potato, green onion. Fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add coconut milk, curry powder, water, and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 35 minutes or until quinoa and potatoes are cooked through. Stir often, and check liquid levels. Add more water/broth if necessary.